- A small aquatic crustacean of the class Branchiopoda, such as a water flea or fairy shrimp.More example sentences
- Freshwater bivalves, snails, and branchiopod Crustacea were common.
- At the same time, both genera have well-developed, multiannulate first antennae, whereas modern branchiopods have dwarfed first antennae without much of annulation or segmentation at all.
- One such androdioecious branchiopod is the clam shrimp Eulimnadia texana.
More definitions of branchiopodDefinition of branchiopod in:
- The British & World English dictionary