- A Provençal dish consisting of salt cod mixed into a puree with olive oil and milk.More example sentences
- But this sort of cooking defines itself by the multiplicity of its components, so there was also a dice of warmed smoked salmon and poached cucumber, bok choi, salt cod brandade and, on the side, a cup of tomato consommé.
- Cod brandade, a dish that can have all sorts of creepy variations in Manhattan, was properly leavened with olive oil and whipped potatoes, and served with a basket of warm pita bread for dipping.
- I had fillet of cod topped with an oyster fritter and served with smoked haddock brandade and cherry tomatoes poached in olive oil for €44.
French, from modern Provençal brandado, literally 'something that has been shaken'.
More definitions of brandadeDefinition of brandade in:
- The British & World English dictionary