A plant of a genus that includes cabbage, turnip, Brussels sprout, and mustard.
- Genus Brassica, family Brassicaceae
More example sentences
- I planted these three brassicas (members of the cabbage family) next to each other.
- This year we're experimenting with more fall brassicas like radish, mustard and rape.
- Indoors, start some lettuce, early brassicas (cabbage, broccoli and relatives), and bulb onions from seed.
early 19th century: Latin, literally 'cabbage'.
More definitions of brassicaDefinition of brassica in:
- The British & World English dictionary