Definition of brassica in English:
A plant of a genus that includes cabbage, turnip, Brussels sprout, and mustard.
- Genus Brassica, family Brassicaceae
- I planted these three brassicas (members of the cabbage family) next to each other.
- This year we're experimenting with more fall brassicas like radish, mustard and rape.
- Indoors, start some lettuce, early brassicas (cabbage, broccoli and relatives), and bulb onions from seed.
early 19th century: Latin, literally 'cabbage'.
Definition of brassica in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan