- A fatal bacterial infection of young sheep, caused by ingestion of frozen grass or contaminated feed.
More example sentences
- The bacterium is Clostridium septicum
- Such other clostridials include black disease, blackleg, braxy, bacterial redwater and tetanus.
- C septicum also causes braxy in sheep, a highly fatal infection characterized by toxemia and inflammation of the abomasal wall.
- Games like yesterday will provide the basis for braxy season.
late 18th century.
More definitions of braxyDefinition of braxy in:
- The British & World English dictionary