Definition of braxy in English:
A fatal bacterial infection of young sheep, caused by ingestion of frozen grass or contaminated feed.
- The bacterium is Clostridium septicum
- Such other clostridials include black disease, blackleg, braxy, bacterial redwater and tetanus.
- C septicum also causes braxy in sheep, a highly fatal infection characterized by toxemia and inflammation of the abomasal wall.
- Games like yesterday will provide the basis for braxy season.
late 18th century.
Definition of braxy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan