Definition of breadstuff in English:
1Any bread product.
- He convinced eight colleges, homes for the elderly, and hospitals in northern Iowa to purchase $600,000 worth of their breadstuffs and produce from local sources.
- It was consumed in many ways: in liquid form, as posole or atole (also spelled posolli and atolli); as a gruel; and as breadstuff, in tortillas and tamales.
- Food is set to be simple but interesting, with a basic range of breadstuffs and matching toppings available for the mix and match eater.
1.1Grain or flour used in the making of bread.
- Our breadstuff was exhausted and mother had sent me out to buy some corn but it was not to be found for sale.
- But the next spring, 1850, raged the California gold fever and the roads for hundreds of miles were thronged with emigrants to California, insomuch that provisions of all kinds, especially breadstuff, was sold out of the country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia