- Bleeding from the uterus occurring between menstrual periods, a side effect of some oral contraceptives.More example sentences
- The most common side effects are nausea and vomiting, breakthrough bleeding and spotting, headaches, bloating or swelling, and breast tenderness.
- Concomitant use of rifampin and oral contraceptive pills can lead to breakthrough bleeding and an increased risk of pregnancy.
- Side effects of breast tenderness and breakthrough bleeding, concerns about breast and ovarian cancer, gall bladder disease, and thromboembolic events, may all contribute to low adherence rates.
More definitions of breakthrough bleedingDefinition of breakthrough bleeding in:
- The British & World English dictionary