- A large piece of shaped timber fitted horizontally in the bows of a ship, used to connect the sides to the stem.More example sentences
- I plan to bring the cloth over the breasthook on each end and this should add further strength.
- I built breasthooks out of some 3/4’ pine shelving that was left over from another project.
- Then I sanded the edges of the decks to fit and just glued them to the bulkheads, breasthooks, and each other.
More definitions of breasthookDefinition of breasthook in:
- The British & World English dictionary