- A test in which a driver is made to blow into a breathalyzer to check the amount of alcohol that has been drunk.More example sentences
- At the roadside the respondent was asked to provide a specimen of breath for a breath test.
- One of the officers then formed the opinion that he had been drinking and requested him to provide a specimen for a breath test.
- The House held that failure to comply with the instructions in relation to a roadside breath test did not invalidate the test.
verb(breath-test) [with object] Back to top
- Give (someone) a breathalyzer test.More example sentences
- The police failed to either breath-test him or arrange for a blood test.
- He also said the NSC welcomed new laws that would make it easier for gardaí to stop and breath-test drivers.
- I can always get you breath-tested in the morning.
More definitions of breath testDefinition of breath test in:
- The British & World English dictionary