- 1A person who breeds livestock, racehorses, other animals, or plants: a plant breeder a breeder of fine cattleMore example sentences
- Then they can make the genetic material available to nurseries and plant breeders.
- While genetic diversity may not be the first concern for most farmers, it is for plant breeders and scientists.
- Plant breeders changed the crop into one grown primarily for the oil and protein in its seed.
- 1.1An animal that breeds at a particular time or in a particular way: emperor penguins are winter breedersMore example sentences
- In animals which are seasonal breeders prolactin shows a seasonal rhythm.
- Most reports indicated that treatment could increase the pregnancy rates of repeat breeders compared with controls.
- Rhesus monkeys are seasonal breeders.
More definitions of breederDefinition of breeder in:
- The British & World English dictionary