- A nuclear reactor that creates fissile material (typically plutonium-239 by irradiation of uranium-238) at a faster rate than it uses another fissile material (typically uranium-235) as fuel.More example sentences
- A breeder reactor would convert uranium 238 to plutonium that we could burn.
- No breeder reactor, a technology necessary for nuclear fission, has ever been successful in the marketplace.
- For example, a breeder reactor is one in which new reactor fuel is manufactured.
More definitions of breeder reactorDefinition of breeder reactor in:
- The British & World English dictionary