Definition of breeding ground in English:
1An area where birds, fish, or other animals habitually breed.
- They're also conduits of life, breeding grounds for small marine animals and feed areas for larger ones.
- This was the largest recorded breeding ground and nest concentrated area.
- You cannot see mites, but you can either remove their favorite breeding grounds or keep these areas dry and clean.
1.1 [usually in singular] A thing that favors the development or occurrence of something: Austin is a breeding ground for musical talent
More example sentences
- That kind of situation is a teeming breeding ground for all sorts of unwanted trouble.
- University campuses became a main breeding ground for developments in the functionality of the Internet.
- They argue that lack of outlets for political expression create a breeding ground for extremists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.