Definition of brewer's yeast in English:
A yeast that is used in breadmaking, winemaking, and the brewing of top-fermenting beer. It is also consumed as a source of vitamin B and is used in laboratories as an important research organism.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae, phylum Ascomycota
- This B vitamin is found in fresh green leafy vegetables and brewer's yeast.
- We use brewer's yeast to feed fleas when we're raising them for experiments.
- Human absorption from food is estimated at about 2-3 percent and 510 percent from brewer's yeast.
Definition of brewer's yeast in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.