Definition of brickwork in English:
1The bricks in a wall, house, or other structure, typically in terms of their type or layout: the patterned brickwork of the gables
More example sentences
- The optimum way of ensuring an unblemished appearance is to keep brickwork clean as walls are being built.
- Homeowners may also decorate by way of variations in thatching patterns, brickwork, or woodworking techniques.
- While plant growth can shorten the life of brickwork, a well-constructed wall should still last for many decades.
1.1The craft or occupation of building walls, houses, or other structures with bricks.
- About 12 years ago I set up my own building company, and I went to college to do brickwork.
- He knew that I wanted to do brickwork and in the end he left me his tools.
- All this time I thought they were a bunch of guys that did brickwork for free.
Definition of brickwork in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia