- A sum of money or quantity of goods given to a bride’s family by that of the groom, especially in tribal societies: payments of bride price from the husband’s kinMore example sentences
- When a man chooses a potential wife, he negotiates a bride price of money or cattle with the woman's father.
- If a husband has been unfaithful, he has to pay her family with a gift that equals the original bride price.
- A bride price is paid by the groom's family.
More definitions of bride priceDefinition of bride price in:
- The British & World English dictionary