Definition of bridge-building in English:
1The activity of building bridges.
- Earlier in the day, we learned the unit had placed second in a European bridge-building competition.
- On Friday, the university plays host to its annual bridge-building competition.
- These include planting, road-building, and bridge-building, and working in the villages.
- Example sentences
- The world continues to mourn this man, a torch-bearer of peace and a bridge-builder between faiths.
- Turkey was in a position to play the role of bridge-builder between the Occidental and Muslim worlds.
- The future belongs to the bridge-builders, not the wreckers.
Definition of bridge-building in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan