- 1The activity of building bridges.More example sentences
- Earlier in the day, we learned the unit had placed second in a European bridge-building competition.
- On Friday, the university plays host to its annual bridge-building competition.
- These include planting, road-building, and bridge-building, and working in the villages.
- 1.1The promotion of friendly relations between groups.More example sentences
- This will require leadership, compromise and bridge-building.
- Your work of years of bridge-building can be undone in minutes.
- I think it may even be a genuine attempt at bridge-building.
- More example sentences
- The world continues to mourn this man, a torch-bearer of peace and a bridge-builder between faiths.
- Turkey was in a position to play the role of bridge-builder between the Occidental and Muslim worlds.
- The future belongs to the bridge-builders, not the wreckers.
More definitions of bridge-buildingDefinition of bridge-building in:
- The British & World English dictionary