Definition of bridging in English:
1The action of putting a bridge over something: the bridging of a ditch
More example sentences
- No plans were submitted which showed the bridging of the pedestrian precinct.
- It is a combat support system which integrates advanced bridging and electronic control into a single system.
- The bridging and engineering brigade was completely obliterated within 2 minutes.
1.1 Mountaineering A method of climbing a wide chimney by using the left hand and foot on one sidewall and the right hand and foot on the other.
- Move out of the cave via bridging up a chimney and back out onto the main face above the cave entrance.
- Learning to move on steep rock, bridging overhangs and feeling like a bird are unforgettable experiences.
Definition of bridging in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.