Definition of bridging in English:
1The action of putting a bridge over something: the bridging of a ditch
More example sentences
- No plans were submitted which showed the bridging of the pedestrian precinct.
- It is a combat support system which integrates advanced bridging and electronic control into a single system.
- The bridging and engineering brigade was completely obliterated within 2 minutes.
1.1 Mountaineering A method of climbing a wide chimney by using the left hand and foot on one sidewall and the right hand and foot on the other.
- Move out of the cave via bridging up a chimney and back out onto the main face above the cave entrance.
- Learning to move on steep rock, bridging overhangs and feeling like a bird are unforgettable experiences.
Definition of bridging in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan