1Having shining eyes.
- The two richly dressed infants have brought their pets, as bright-eyed as themselves, with them.
- The pale-skinned bright-eyed goddess wills it.
- The boy gazed back at him, bright-eyed and calm.
2Alert and lively: bright-eyed young lawyers a bright-eyed optimism
More example sentences
- Perched on a sofa in his plush suite, he is bright-eyed and unexpectedly eager to talk.
- Along with their bright-eyed optimism, the band offers up some surprisingly innovative songs.
- Thin and tired, she seemed to have little in common with the bright-eyed young go-getter.
Definition of bright-eyed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.