Definition of brilliantine in English:
1 dated Scented oil used on men’s hair to make it look glossy.
- The firm was known for its cough medicine, but in fact the products included hair cream, brilliantine, and others.
- A man his age, his hair combed back with brilliantine, was nestled in one of the chairs.
- Guttman, closely cropped, clean-shaven and smelling of brilliantine, heads for Mozambique.
2US Shiny dress fabric made from cotton and mohair or cotton and worsted.
- The race took the products of the economic boom all over Italy: brilliantine, coffee machines, and cookers.
- His mood alters as he turns from the brilliantine carpet to the brooding figures that adorn his walls.
- The bride will wear a white serge suit and the bridegroom will wear a white brilliantine suit.
Definition of brilliantine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia