Definition of bristle fern in English:
A filmy fern with hairlike bristles protruding from the spore-containing bodies. Most bristle ferns have delicate fronds and live in damp shady places, chiefly in tropical areas.
- Genus Trichomanes, family Hymenophyllaceae
- Bristle fern demands shaded crevices and grottoes in sandy or acidic rocks.
- In the darkest areas in several gullies, he found the Killarney bristle fern.
- Ferns of interest included the bristle fern.
Definition of bristle fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia