Definition of bristlecone pine in English:
A very long-lived shrubby pine of western North America. It has been used in dendrochronology to correct radiocarbon dating.
- Pinus longaeva, family Pinaceae
- I know I have been unable to get a bristlecone pine to grow in Blacksburg, Virginia!
- The shape of the roof and overhangs mirrors the shape of the bristlecone pine trees in the area.
- Some bristlecone pine trees on Pikes Peak could be more than 2,000 years old.
Definition of bristlecone pine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.