Definition of bristlecone pine in English:
A very long-lived shrubby pine of western North America. It has been used in dendrochronology to correct radiocarbon dating.
- Pinus longaeva, family Pinaceae
- I know I have been unable to get a bristlecone pine to grow in Blacksburg, Virginia!
- The shape of the roof and overhangs mirrors the shape of the bristlecone pine trees in the area.
- Some bristlecone pine trees on Pikes Peak could be more than 2,000 years old.
Definition of bristlecone pine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan