Definition of bristletail in English:
A small wingless insect that has bristles at the end of the abdomen.
- Orders Thysanura (the true bristletails, with three bristles, including the silverfish) and Diplura (the two-pronged bristletails), subclass Apterygota
- Jumping bristletails moult 8 to 10 times before reaching sexual maturity, which may take up to two years.
- The bristletails and silverfish both have two long cerci, and between this a caudal appendage.
- The jumping bristletails are an inconspicuous group, looking much like their better-known cousins, the silverfish.
Definition of bristletail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan