A small wingless insect that has bristles at the end of the abdomen.
- Orders Thysanura (the true bristletails, with three bristles, including the silverfish) and Diplura (the two-pronged bristletails), subclass Apterygota
More example sentences
- Jumping bristletails moult 8 to 10 times before reaching sexual maturity, which may take up to two years.
- The bristletails and silverfish both have two long cerci, and between this a caudal appendage.
- The jumping bristletails are an inconspicuous group, looking much like their better-known cousins, the silverfish.
Definition of bristletail in:
- The British & World English dictionary