- 1(Of hair or foliage) having a stiff and prickly texture.More example sentences
- The bristly hair in your mustache prickles my skin, itching a bit.
- Mr. Gershwin, a rather catlike man with an intelligent face and bristly whiskers, began.
- My eyes were closed to avoid getting jabbed by the bristly grass blades.
- 1.1Covered with short stiff hairs: he rubbed his bristly chinMore example sentences
- He was a short man with long unkempt hair and a bristly unshaved chin.
- The seeds of the castor plant have a bristly outer cover.
- He had dark wavy hair, dark blue eyes and a bristly chin.