Definition of brittlestar in English:
An echinoderm related to the starfish, with long, thin, flexible arms radiating from a small central disk.
- Class Ophiuroidea: Ophiura and other genera
- But the flowers are not flowers at all, they are crinoids, animals whose closest relatives include the starfish, brittlestars, sea urchins and sea cucumbers - the echinoderms.
- Common food items are small crustaceans, worms, brittlestars, sea urchins, and snails.
- Lightbulb sea squirts, common brittlestars, featherstars of various colours, and northern prawns survey diving passers-by from their rock crevices and ledges.
Definition of brittlestar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan