Definition of brittlestar in English:
An echinoderm related to the starfish, with long, thin, flexible arms radiating from a small central disk.
- Class Ophiuroidea: Ophiura and other genera
- But the flowers are not flowers at all, they are crinoids, animals whose closest relatives include the starfish, brittlestars, sea urchins and sea cucumbers - the echinoderms.
- Common food items are small crustaceans, worms, brittlestars, sea urchins, and snails.
- Lightbulb sea squirts, common brittlestars, featherstars of various colours, and northern prawns survey diving passers-by from their rock crevices and ledges.
Definition of brittlestar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.