- Lacking in detail and subtlety: a broad-brush measure of inflationMore example sentences
- The Bacon reports introduced broad-brush measures designed to dampen demand, most notably the restriction of interest relief for investors.
- Last Thursday, in a speech to the Corporate Council on Africa, Bush outlined a broad-brush agenda on Africa, including an end to Congo's war.
- As always in Asia, the broad-brush picture hides many fine details.
noun(broad brush) Back to top
- An approach characterized by a lack of detail or subtlety: it’s obvious the Democrats and Republicans paint each other with a broad brushMore example sentences
- The NY Times wields a broad brush and paints the NBA coaches black and white.
- O'Brien paints American Muslims with a broad brush.
- The first step can be labeled a broad-brush approach in order to separate it from later steps.
More definitions of broad-brushDefinition of broad-brush in:
- The British & World English dictionary