(also broad pendant)
- A short swallow-tailed pennant distinguishing the commodore’s ship in a squadron.More example sentences
- The 1865 regulations also modified the broad pennant, which was now to display a single white star.
- Commodores display their single planet on a broad pendant with the black field of the RMN Ensign.
- Commodore Harwood transferred his broad pendant to the Ajax and the Exeter sailed for Port Stanley to carry out urgent repairs.
More definitions of broad pennantDefinition of broad pennant in:
- The British & World English dictionary