another term for broadleaved.
- Ammopiptanthus Cheng f. is the only genus of evergreen broadleaf shrubs in the north-western desert of China.
- Webb et al. and Reich et al. found that broadleaf stands have a higher annual photosynthetic efficiency than evergreen needle-leaf stands.
- It usually took three difficult days to get there, since the mountain itself was so covered with thick vegetation consisting of huge broadleaf hardwoods and undergrowth that one had to fight through the plants to get to the house.
noun (plural broadleaves or broadleafs)
A tree or plant with wide flat leaves.
- Second, work on most species of trees, especially broadleaves, is best done in winter when the leaves are off and the tree is dormant.
- Very often people express a preference for planting broadleaves.
- As a fan of broadleaves, Joe planted a mixture of Ash, Sycamore, Oak and Beech with a little Larch and Mountain Ash.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of broadleaf in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.