Definition of broadsheet in English:
1A large piece of paper printed on one side only with information; a broadside.
- Out in the wider world, public opinion stirred, especially in the cities, stimulated by the pamphlets and broadsheets which printing made possible.
- D&P has cards, flyers, a video and a broadsheet packed with useful information to be used in the campaign and to inform Canadians.
- As a young man he wrote words to popular folk airs and had them printed as broadsheets.
1.1 (also broadsheet newspaper) A newspaper with a large format regarded as more serious and less sensationalist than tabloids.
- Do you compare Radio Scotland to a broadsheet newspaper or a tabloid?
- Shortly afterwards the Guardian, a British broadsheet newspaper, published the obituary of Cohn Osman, founder of Creative Camera.
- The broadsheet newspaper's circulation advanced 3.5 per cent to an all-time high of 120,397 in the July to December period, according to the latest audited circulation figures.
Words that rhyme with broadsheettime sheet
Definition of broadsheet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.