- A sword with a wide blade, used for cutting rather than thrusting.More example sentences
- When he reappeared, he had a small pack as well as a broadsword and two smaller swords meant for cooperative use strapped to his back.
- The rebels were not only outnumbered but outclassed in weapons, being themselves heavily dependent upon broadswords and shields while their enemies had muskets and bayonets and above all artillery.
- The crowd roared as Derryn swung his sword up, the large blade of his broadsword knocking aside the slash aimed at his head.
More definitions of broadswordDefinition of broadsword in:
- The British & World English dictionary