Definition of brome in English:
An oatlike grass that is sometimes grown for fodder or ornamental purposes.
- Genus Bromus, family Gramineae
- After moving to their present farm in 2000 they tilled the ground and seeded it to perennial ryegrass, Alyce white clover, brome and meadow fescue, with annual ryegrass as a cover crop.
- The most common cool-season grasses are orchard grass, smooth brome, meadow brome and creeping foxtail.
- The majority of their diet should be free-choice grass hays such as timothy, orchard grass or brome.
Mid 18th century: from modern Latin Bromus, from Greek bromos 'oat'.
Words that rhyme with bromechrome, comb, Crome, dome, foam, gnome, holm, Holme, hom, home, Jerome, loam, Nome, ohm, om, roam, Rome, tome
Definition of brome in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.