An oatlike grass that is sometimes grown for fodder or ornamental purposes.
- Genus Bromus, family Gramineae
More example sentences
- After moving to their present farm in 2000 they tilled the ground and seeded it to perennial ryegrass, Alyce white clover, brome and meadow fescue, with annual ryegrass as a cover crop.
- The most common cool-season grasses are orchard grass, smooth brome, meadow brome and creeping foxtail.
- The majority of their diet should be free-choice grass hays such as timothy, orchard grass or brome.
mid 18th century: from modern Latin Bromus, from Greek bromos 'oat'.
Definition of brome in:
- The British & World English dictionary