Definition of bromeliad in English:
A plant native to tropical and subtropical America, typically having short stems with rosettes of stiff, usually spiny, leaves. Some kinds are epiphytic, and many are cultivated as houseplants.
- Family Bromeliaceae: Bromelia and other genera, and numerous species, including the pineapple and Spanish moss
- Miller also offers a variety of tropical plants, including bromeliads, bougainvillea, citrus, hibiscus, and orchids.
- The plants that he uses include ferns, bromeliads, orchids and palm trees.
- Dry heat, common in most houses during the winter, is fine for cactus and succulents, but it's tough on tropicals such as African violets, bromeliads, and orchids.
Definition of bromeliad in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia