Definition of bromic acid in English:
A strongly oxidizing acid known only in aqueous solutions.
- Chemical formula: HBrO3
- Main ingredients and appearance: This product is white and loose powder compounded by food grade bromic acid and starch of food grade.
- A comparison of the known bromic acid pK 2 values shows that they are very different from each other.
- Bromic acid, HBrO3, is a bromine oxoacid.
- Example sentences
- Both Best Bites and Honorable mentions are free of potassium bromate, an additive that improves the texture of bread but that has caused tumors in laboratory animals.
- It came after the 95p bottles of water were found to be contaminated with illegal levels of bromate, a potentially cancer causing chemical.
- Although ozone does create far fewer by-products than chlorine, it may react to produce bromate, which in EPA studies has been shown to cause cancer in rats.
Definition of bromic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan