Definition of bromic acid in English:
A strongly oxidizing acid known only in aqueous solutions.
- Chemical formula: HBrO3
- Main ingredients and appearance: This product is white and loose powder compounded by food grade bromic acid and starch of food grade.
- A comparison of the known bromic acid pK 2 values shows that they are very different from each other.
- Bromic acid, HBrO3, is a bromine oxoacid.
- Example sentences
- Both Best Bites and Honorable mentions are free of potassium bromate, an additive that improves the texture of bread but that has caused tumors in laboratory animals.
- It came after the 95p bottles of water were found to be contaminated with illegal levels of bromate, a potentially cancer causing chemical.
- Although ozone does create far fewer by-products than chlorine, it may react to produce bromate, which in EPA studies has been shown to cause cancer in rats.
Definition of bromic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.