Definition of brominate in English:
1Treat with bromine.
- BAN says another solution is for manufacturers to stop using toxic chemicals in their products, such as brominated flame retardants, beryllium alloys, lead-based solders and mercury lamps.
- Heavy metals, lead, mercury, cadmium and brominated flame retardants are all found in computer equipment and remain stable and relatively harmless while the machinery is in use.
- Circuit boards typically contain cadmium, mercury and chromium while the whole package is housed in brominated, flame-retardant plastic.
- Example sentences
- ‘Well,’ said John, making his case, ‘it's inert to bromination!’
- Therefore, bromination of rhodamine derivatives was performed in order to increase the efficiency of the intersystem crossing to the triplet state and consequently to augment the yield of singlet oxygen.
- Simple organohalogens may be produced synthetically from the radical chlorination / bromination of saturated alkanes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia