Definition of bronchiole in English:
Any of the minute branches into which a bronchus divides.
- Isoprenaline exerts its effects by relaxing the smooth muscle tissues lining the finely branched tubular network of bronchioles that surround the lungs.
- The BO was manifested as branching tongues of myxoid fibrous tissue in respiratory bronchioles and alveolar ducts.
- Not to be confused with bronchitis, bronchiolitis (pronounced: brahn-kee-oh-lie-tus) is an inflammation of the bronchioles, the smallest branches of the bronchial tree.
- Example sentences
- Weak immunoreactivity for NOS2 in the normoxia plus saline group was present in bronchiolar and vascular smooth muscle, bronchiolar epithelium, and Clara cells.
- Ecsod can be detected in the arterial intima, media, bronchiolar epithelium, alveolar epithelium, and extracellular matrix of human neonatal lung.
- There is mucous metaplasia, enlargement of the mass of bronchiolar smooth muscle, and loss of alveolar attachments.
Definition of bronchiole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan