- Any of the minute branches into which a bronchus divides.More example sentences
- Isoprenaline exerts its effects by relaxing the smooth muscle tissues lining the finely branched tubular network of bronchioles that surround the lungs.
- The BO was manifested as branching tongues of myxoid fibrous tissue in respiratory bronchioles and alveolar ducts.
- Not to be confused with bronchitis, bronchiolitis (pronounced: brahn-kee-oh-lie-tus) is an inflammation of the bronchioles, the smallest branches of the bronchial tree.
- More example sentences
- Weak immunoreactivity for NOS2 in the normoxia plus saline group was present in bronchiolar and vascular smooth muscle, bronchiolar epithelium, and Clara cells.
- Ecsod can be detected in the arterial intima, media, bronchiolar epithelium, alveolar epithelium, and extracellular matrix of human neonatal lung.
- There is mucous metaplasia, enlargement of the mass of bronchiolar smooth muscle, and loss of alveolar attachments.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin bronchiolus, bronchiolum, diminutives of late Latin bronchia, denoting the branches of the main bronchi.
More definitions of bronchioleDefinition of bronchiole in:
- The British & World English dictionary