Definition of bronchitis in English:
Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes. It typically causes bronchospasm and coughing.
- Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.
- Laryngitis may also be a feature of bronchitis, pneumonia, flu or measles.
- Sometimes, the colds cause pneumonia or exacerbate chronic bronchitis or asthma.
- Example sentences
- The odds ratio of bronchitic symptoms among children with asthma varied from 0.80 to 1.81 across the large range of pollutants between communities.
- These results suggest that both NO 2 and the OC fraction of respirable PM deserve greater attention as potential causes of the bronchitic symptoms associated with air pollution in children with asthma.
- Among the 475 children with asthma, 184 had bronchitic symptoms during the first year they contributed to the analysis.
Pronunciation: /bräNGˈkidik/adjective& noun
Words that rhyme with bronchitisappendicitis, arthritis, cellulitis, colitis, conjunctivitis, cystitis, dermatitis, encephalitis, gastroenteritis, gingivitis, hepatitis, laryngitis, lymphangitis, meningitis, nephritis, neuritis, osteoarthritis, pericarditis, peritonitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis
Definition of bronchitis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan