noun (plural broncos)
- A wild or half-tamed horse, especially of the western US.More example sentences
- Caroline used to ride wild broncos on the local rodeo circuit.
- Ben watches in horror as Flynn smashes holes in a horse box and turns into a bucking bronco when they try to put a saddle on him.
- Almost every day, rain or shine, my sisters and I could go out on our ponies, with only the sister on the bucking bronco wearing a crash hat.
mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'rough, rude'.
More definitions of broncoDefinition of bronco in:
- The British & World English dictionary