1The long handle of a broom.
- Grab a very lightweight bar or broomstick.
- Andrea threw the pieces of broomstick to the floor and walked off.
- Fix up that dusty broomstick from the hall closet and use it for a besom.
1.1A broom (especially one made of twigs) on which, in children’s literature, witches are said to fly.
- Last year, over dinner, I mentioned that the stereotype of witches flying on broomsticks came about because they used to make a hallucinogenic poultice from deadly nightshade.
- All manner of witch paraphernalia adorn the walls and bar - there are stained-glass witch windows and witches on broomsticks hanging from the ceilings.
- Around the cities TV and billboards sporting witches on broomsticks and wild scary false faces, dominate the run up to the first of November 1st.
Definition of broomstick in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.