- 1A bag made of opaque brown paper.More example sentences
- ‘In fact, there is,’ Savannah began as she pulled out a paper brown bag.
- I got up, throwing the goldfish into my paper brown bag, and walked to the trashcan, depositing the lunch.
- My first grade teacher, Mrs. Williams, had each of us decorate our own little brown bag the week before the Big Day.
- 1.1A bag made of brown paper in which a lunch is packed and carried to work, school, or informal functions: [as modifier]: a brown-bag lunchMore example sentences
- Little did Nurse Kopeck know, but I always packed myself a massive brown bag lunch full of all kind of fattening foods.
- The CCEAC will also be holding a series of brown bag lunches to inform students about climate change.
- Loaded down with water bottles, field journals and brown bag lunches, the students boarded the bright yellow school bus at 9: 00 am.
verb[with object] (brown-bag it) Back to top
- Take a packed lunch to work or school: no school lunch next week, so I’m brown-bagging itMore example sentences
- I walk to a local taco joint for lunch or brown bag it and read graphic novels during my lunch break.
- Most of us brown bag it every day, so this month, we feature a few places that offer some of the tastiest lunches to go.
- Envision how many people you could feed if you get your workplace, friends, and/or church to brown bag it for a week too.
- More example sentences
- The growing number of brown baggers indicate that the process has simplified indeed.
- So I guess I'll have to be a brown bagger for life.
- The structure thus presented provides a viable alternative to the brown bagger and permits him or her to carry any manner of food desired for his or her lunch.