Definition of brown bear in English:
A large bear with a coat color ranging from cream to black, occurring chiefly in forests in Eurasia and North America. See also grizzly1.
- Ursus arctos, family Ursidae
- Beavers, black bears, brown bears, harbor seals, moose, sea lions, sea otters, and wolves are among the local mammals.
- Comparing the ancient bear sequences with those of modern bears, the scientists showed that cave bears were more closely related to brown bears than to black bears.
- Smaller than the more common North American brown bear, the black bear may soon be listed as threatened because of the loss of habitat.
Definition of brown bear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.