Definition of brown bear in English:
A large bear with a coat color ranging from cream to black, occurring chiefly in forests in Eurasia and North America. See also grizzly1.
- Ursus arctos, family Ursidae
- Beavers, black bears, brown bears, harbor seals, moose, sea lions, sea otters, and wolves are among the local mammals.
- Comparing the ancient bear sequences with those of modern bears, the scientists showed that cave bears were more closely related to brown bears than to black bears.
- Smaller than the more common North American brown bear, the black bear may soon be listed as threatened because of the loss of habitat.
Definition of brown bear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan