- A hare found commonly in much of Eurasia.
More example sentences
- Lepus europaeus (or capensis), family Leporidae
- The biodiversity report lists 25 species at risk, including otters, brown hares, red squirrels, pipistrelle bats, porpoises, six varieties of dolphin and 13 types of whale.
- Ten species of waterfowl nest around the lake; kestrels and buzzards can be spotted in the woodland; and brown hares, stoats, weasels, grey and red squirrels can also be seen.
- Notable exceptions showed that white wagtails and brown hares shifted from scramble to contest competition as their food was increasingly clumped in space.
More definitions of brown hareDefinition of brown hare in:
- The British & World English dictionary