Definition of brown hare in English:
A hare found commonly in much of Eurasia.
- Lepus europaeus (or capensis), family Leporidae
- The biodiversity report lists 25 species at risk, including otters, brown hares, red squirrels, pipistrelle bats, porpoises, six varieties of dolphin and 13 types of whale.
- Ten species of waterfowl nest around the lake; kestrels and buzzards can be spotted in the woodland; and brown hares, stoats, weasels, grey and red squirrels can also be seen.
- Notable exceptions showed that white wagtails and brown hares shifted from scramble to contest competition as their food was increasingly clumped in space.
Definition of brown hare in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan