(also brown recluse spider)
- A brown venomous North American spider, identifiable by the dark brown violin-shaped marking on the top of its orange-yellow head. Also called fiddleback, violin spider.
More example sentences
- Loxosceles reclusa, family Loxoscelidae
- Despite their negative reputation, brown recluse spiders get blamed for crimes they did not commit, says an arachnologist who is doing his best to set the record straight.
- The brown recluse spider, Loxosceles reclusa, often gets a particularly bad rap.
- The spider was a brown recluse, I think, which is very poisonous.