- A highly toxic alkaloid present in nux vomica.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C23H26N2O4
- Anthocleista nobilis contains the alkaloids brucine and loganine and has been noted to be antispasmodic and neurotropic, having a marked hypotensive effect.
- The difference between the R F values of strychnine and brucine is only 0.15-0.18 even under the optimum conditions.
- ‘Well,’ replied Monte Cristo ‘suppose, then, that this poison was brucine, and you were to take a milligramme the first day, two milligrammes the second day, and so on.’