A sedentary aquatic invertebrate of the phylum Bryozoa, which comprises the moss animals.
- The greatest tentacle length in a bryozoan lophophore known to us is 1.2 mm, reported by Cook from a highly obliquely truncate lophophore in a colony of the ctenostome Flustrellida hispida.
- There are more than 50 fish species whose lives are linked to Sargassum, and a myriad of invertebrates, including gastropods, polychaetes, bryozoans, anemones, and sea-spiders.
- Commonly, the host is a brachiopod, but it may be a coral, bryozoan colony, crinoid stem, or mollusk.
Relating to or denoting bryozoans.
- Individuals within all bryozoan colonies are relatively small.
- Many of the 5000 or so bryozoan species exhibit polymorphism.
- It is apparent that mining of bryozoan branches weakened them, thus making them subject more readily to breakage by wave action.
Words that rhyme with bryozoananthozoan, Goan, hydrozoan, Minoan, protozoan, protozoon, rowan, Samoan, spermatozoon
Definition of bryozoan in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.