Definition of bubal in English:
A hartebeest, especially one of an extinct race that was formerly found in North Africa.
- Alcelaphus buselaphus buselaphus, family Bovidae
- Serengeti also accommodate immense herds of buffaloes, elephants and giraffes, bubals, imapalas and Grant gazelles, hippos.
- Solomon had daily for the meat of his household thirty measures, named chores, of corn, and sixty of meal, ten fat oxen, and twenty oxen of pasture and an hundred wethers, without venison that was taken, as harts, goats, bubals, and other flying fowls and birds.
- The Bubal hartebeest was the most northern subspecies of the Hartebeest (Alcelaphus buselaphus) ranged once through Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia.
Definition of bubal in:
- British & World English dictionary