- An unstable expanding economy; in particular, a period of heightened prosperity and increased commercial activity in Japan in the late 1980s brought about by artificially adjusted interest rates.More example sentences
- The authors begin their study by seeking to establish a definition of the bubble economy, based on the experiences of Japan's economy in the late 1980s.
- The bubble economy of the 1980s briefly propelled Japan to superpower status.
- If this continues for long, China's economy will become overheated and a bubble economy will be created.
More definitions of bubble economyDefinition of bubble economy in:
- The British & World English dictionary