- The practice of shifting the responsibility for something to someone else.More example sentences
- In relation to flooding and also coastal risk there does need to be one agency with a strategic overview so we do not get this buck-passing and we have decided to give this responsibility to the Environment Agency.
- Just as vague and abstract language makes for bad prose, it is also the handmaiden of bad policy and the abettor of buck-passing.
- More than a decade of chronic flooding has led residents to protest at what they see as shoddy workmanship and buck-passing.
More definitions of buck-passingDefinition of buck-passing in:
- The British & World English dictionary