noun• informal • derogatory
- An unauthorized office for speculating in stocks or currency using the funds of unwitting investors.More example sentences
- The Iowa Electronic Market, which runs a kind of a legal bucket shop in political candidacies, has restructured its presidential futures market.
- In the real world, I think that kind of unauthorized trading would meet the legal definition of a bucket shop.
- What worked at the bucket shops didn't play on Wall Street. Within six months of the start of his legitimate trading career Livermore was wiped out.
More definitions of bucket shopDefinition of bucket shop in:
- The British & World English dictionary