noun• informal , chiefly North American
- A movie portraying a close friendship between two people, especially between two men.More example sentences
- Good-natured, hopeful and well-intentioned, the French film Monsieur Ibrahim is the sort of bittersweet coming-of-age buddy movie that will undoubtedly fare well with bourgeois art-house audiences the world over.
- It is at once a coming of age story, a rite of passage, a road trip and a buddy movie.
- The series is really an extended buddy movie, set in hip Manhattan bars and not in muddy trenches.
More definitions of buddy movieDefinition of buddy movie in:
- The British & World English dictionary