- Short lengths of young branches with buds prepared for grafting onto the rootstock of another plant.More example sentences
- The farms had received budwood from a nursery in the quarantine area in central Queensland.
- The team made budwood - for grafting - available to breeders and nurseries for the first time last year.
- Cuttings for budwood are taken when the vines are dormant and no leaves are present to show symptoms, making it impossible to distinguish healthy from infected plants.
More definitions of budwoodDefinition of budwood in:
- The British & World English dictionary