- 1A North American shrub with silvery twigs and leaves and edible berries. See also soapberry.
More example sentences
- Genus Shepherdia, family Elaeagnaceae: two species, the western silver buffalo berry (S. argentea), with bright red berries, and the northern Canada buffalo berry (S. canadensis), with reddish or yellow berries
- Specific pigments could be obtained by the various plants: Red was obtained from red osier dogwood, alder bark, buffalo berries, squaw currants, viburnum drupes, wild plum fruits, or bloodroot.
- He cites references back to 1841 that state that buffalo berry was widely grown.
- In the West, buffalo berries or bull berries, chokecherries, currants and elderberries prevail.
- 1.1The berry of the buffalo berry shrub.More example sentences
- Shepherdia berries, otherwise known as buffalo berries, are not ripe in the valley yet.
- Seed pemmican had the addition of wild cherries, saskatoon or buffalo berries added to the meat and fat mixture.
- Some examples of berries that grizzly bears like include buffalo berries, blueberries, huckleberries, cranberries, saskatoons and crowberries.