Definition of buffalo grass in English:
Any of a number of grasses, in particular.
- ● A creeping grass of the North American plains, which is sometimes used for erosion control (Buchloe dactyloides, family Gramineae). ● A grass native to Australia and New Zealand (Stenotaphrum secundatum, family Gramineae).
- The rest of the property is planted with native grasses, including blue grama and buffalo grass.
- All need water in addition to rainfall, but Bermuda grass, buffalo grass and the improved tall fescues need the least.
- Sideoats grama, buffalo grass, sagebrush, yucca and prickly pear cactus are also common on the canyon floor and walls.
Definition of buffalo grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia