Definition of buffalo grass in English:
Any of a number of grasses, in particular.
- ● A creeping grass of the North American plains, which is sometimes used for erosion control (Buchloe dactyloides, family Gramineae). ● A grass native to Australia and New Zealand (Stenotaphrum secundatum, family Gramineae).
- The rest of the property is planted with native grasses, including blue grama and buffalo grass.
- All need water in addition to rainfall, but Bermuda grass, buffalo grass and the improved tall fescues need the least.
- Sideoats grama, buffalo grass, sagebrush, yucca and prickly pear cactus are also common on the canyon floor and walls.
Definition of buffalo grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.